Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Hidden Volcano

Is there a sorrow in happiness?
Or a happiness in sorrow?
I see your smiles,
The happy glances at the ones you love.
Yet your eyes show through paths unknown,
The volcano of your heart.

Why do you not show it?
Why do you not show me?
I see it, it's underneath your film.
It's underneath your happy exterior.
Like a wall covered in bright ivy,
Your dying wall lies beneath.

Or in your sadness.
You grieve silently, alone, unhappy.
You don't show me your face,
You don't show me your smile.
How I long for it to brighten these dingy rooms!
These rooms we call our homes.

"Home is where the heart is,"
Then I have no home.

My heart is yours,
But you do not accept it.
Therefore I'm alone.

I live in constant wonderment of you.
Waiting, watching for your acceptance.
When you are ready,
When the wild volcano is cooled,
When the smile shows its face again,
Then I will be there.

Look towards your future, and I will be waiting.
Look to me, and you will see yourself,
Gleaming in my eyes.

2 comments:

  1. **whisper whisper** I'm pretty sure he's still there. **ssssshhhh** Maybe he's gone....- Mmmm... I dunno. Maybe. - When do you think he'll be back? - We don't even know that he's left! - Well, maaaybe if we were louder, he'd hear us. - Nevermind. I guess he'll show up when he wants to. - But I want more insight and poetry... - Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your poetry sinks deep into the mind, festers in the soul, troubles the heart. It's just the sort I like, that I write, but I don't have the courage to reveal. This poem actually touched me enough to almost make me cry.
    We all miss you, James. I didn't know you had a dark side :) I think everyone does, but the ones that surprise you the most are the ones who seem the most cheery. ( Cheery and then dreary...)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some feedback. Good or bad (but preferably good:), I would love to here it!